This position is now filled. Please have a look at other teaching positions available within the EF East Java, Bali and Lombok group. Transfers between schools are possible for exceptional teachers after successfully completing a teaching contract.
Position starts: Now – January 2017
Deadline for applications: Friday 16 December 2016
Location: 2 schools in Bali
Positions: 2 full time native English teachers
Contract length: One year full time contract
Student age groups: Young learners and adults
Required documents list
What you offer
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A CELTA / TEFL / TESOL qualification including a minimum of 120 hours of tuition and observed classroom teaching.
- A minimum of 4 years teaching experience.
- Enthusiasm for teaching young learners and young adults.
- You are a team player and you have a positive outlook. You will need to be flexible enough to adapt to living in a developing country.
- US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand passport holder due to strict Indonesian immigration department regulations.
- Due to new work permit requirements we can only accept applications from candidates who graduated before 2011.
- Please note that a criminal background check will be required before commencing employment and a health check is required by the Indonesian government.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CLEARANCE FROM THE MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.
What we can provide to our qualified candidates
- Competitive Rupiah based salary. (Approximately 4 times Indonesian minimum wage).
- Airfare contribution
- All visa and permit arrangements are processed and paid for.
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
- 25 days paid holiday.
- Comprehensive health insurance (in and outpatient).
- Fully equipped school with internet and wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and your own desk area.
- Regular training, observations and workshops.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development with our group or with EF worldwide.
- Training on new teaching technology including: interactive whiteboards, multimedia activities and presentations, interactive teaching software as well as internet based learning. There is a big focus on new technology at EF so this is a great opportunity to learn new skills and build your TEFL CV.
- University of Cambridge ESOL examiner training
- Free Indonesian lessons
- Voluntary overtime opportunities available
- Free airport pick up upon arrival and full orientation provided
- Teach up to 24 contact hours per week. You will be teaching general English to young learners and adults. No split shifts and 2 consecutive days off per week.
- Plan all lessons fully beforehand.
- Complete student reports and mark progress assessments.
- Conduct placement tests for new students.
- Attend workshops and other professional development sessions.
- Participate in student events and school promotional activities.
Please note all appointments are subject to approval and issuance of KITAS by Ministry of Manpower and Ministry of Education.