Position starts: Now – December 2017
Deadline for applications: Sunday 30 September 2017
Location: 7 schools in Surabaya Metropolitan Area
Positions: 5 full time English teachers
Contract length: One year full time contract
Student age groups: Young learners and adults
What you offer
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A CELTA / TEFL / TESOL qualification including a minimum of 120 hours of tuition and observed classroom teaching.
- Enthusiasm for teaching young learners and young adults.
- You are a team player and you have a positive outlook. You will need to be flexible enough to adapt to living in a developing country.
- US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand passport holder due to strict Indonesian immigration department regulations.
- Due to new work permit requirements we can only accept applications from candidates who graduated before 2011.
- Please note that a criminal background check will be required before commencing employment and a health check is required by the Indonesian government.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CLEARANCE FROM THE MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.
What we can provide to our qualified candidates
- Competitive Rupiah based salary. (Approximately 4 times Indonesian minimum wage).
- Return flights.
- All visa and permit arrangements are processed and paid for.
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
- 35 days paid holiday.
- Comprehensive health insurance (in and outpatient).
- Subsidised shared EF housing (fully furnished with air conditioning and housekeeping service).
- Fully equipped school with internet and wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and your own desk area.
- Regular training, observations and workshops.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development with our group or with EF worldwide.
- Training on new teaching technology including: interactive whiteboards, multimedia activities and presentations, interactive teaching software as well as internet based learning. There is a big focus on new technology at EF so this is a great opportunity to learn new skills and build your TEFL CV.
- University of Cambridge ESOL examiner training
- Free Indonesian lessons
- Voluntary overtime opportunities available
- Free airport pick up upon arrival and full orientation provided
- Teach up to 24 contact hours per week. You will be teaching general English to young learners and adults. No split shifts and 2 consecutive days off per week.
- Plan all lessons fully beforehand.
- Complete student reports and mark progress assessments.
- Conduct placement tests for new students.
- Attend workshops and other professional development sessions.
- Participate in student events and school promotional activities.
For more information about the Surabaya Metropolitan area, visit our living in Surabaya page.
Please note all appointments are subject to approval and issuance of KITAS by Ministry of Manpower and Ministry of Education.