Position starts: throughout 2020
Deadline for applications: N/A
Location: 6 schools in Surabaya Metropolitan Area
Positions: 5 full time English teachers
Contract length: One year full time contract
Student age groups: Young learners (3-15 years old)
What you offer
- Indonesian national
- Bachelor’s Degree (S1) in English, English literature or a graduate of a university in the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Singapore or Malaysia.
- Proficiency in English.
- Enthusiasm for teaching young learners.
- You are a team player and you have a positive outlook.
- Please note that a criminal background check (SKCK) will be required before commencing employment.
What we can provide to our qualified candidates
- Competitive Rupiah based salary.
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
- 35 days paid holiday.
- Comprehensive health insurance (in and outpatient).
- Fully equipped school with internet and wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and your own desk area.
- Regular training, observations and workshops.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development with our group or with EF worldwide.
- Training on new teaching technology including: interactive whiteboards, multimedia activities and presentations, interactive teaching software as well as internet based learning. There is a big focus on new technology at EF so this is a great opportunity to learn new skills and build your TEFL CV.
- Voluntary overtime opportunities available
- Job duties
- Teach up to 24 contact hours per week. You will be teaching general English to young learners. No split shifts and 2 consecutive days off per week.
- Plan all lessons fully beforehand.
- Complete student reports and mark progress assessments.
- Conduct placement tests for new students.
- Attend workshops and other professional development sessions.
- Participate in student events and school promotional activities.