Position starts: Now – Sep 2016
Deadline for applications: Friday 29 July 2016
Location: Surabaya metropolitan area
Positions: Senior teachers, Assistant Director of Studies, and Instructors.
Contract length: Two year full time contract
Student age groups: Young learners and adults
What you offer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A CELTA / TEFL / TESOL qualification including a minimum of 120 hours of tuition and observed classroom teaching
- A DELTA / Trinity Dip or advanced TESOL qualification preferred
- A minimum of 4 years’ teaching experience
- Positive attitude and a desire to take your teaching career to the next level. You have good people management and decision making skills as well as excellent knowledge of the ESL industry.
- You are a team player and you have a positive outlook. You will need to be flexible enough to adapt to living in a developing country.
- US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand passport holder due to strict Indonesian immigration department regulations.
- Due to new work permit requirements we can only accept applications from candidates who graduated before 2011.
- Please note that a criminal background check will be required before commencing employment and a health check is required by the Indonesian government.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CLEARANCE FROM THE MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.
What we can provide to our qualified candidates
- Competitive Rupiah based salary. (Approximately 4 times Indonesian minimum wage).
- Return flights.
- All visa and permit arrangements are processed and paid for.
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
- 35 days paid holiday.
- Comprehensive health insurance (in and outpatient).
- Subsidised shared EF housing (fully furnished with air conditioning and housekeeping service).
- Fully equipped school with internet and wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and your own desk area.
- Regular training, observations and workshops.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development with our group or with EF worldwide.
- Training on new teaching technology including: interactive whiteboards, multimedia activities and presentations, interactive teaching software as well as internet based learning. There is a big focus on new technology at EF so this is a great opportunity to learn new skills and build your TEFL CV.
- University of Cambridge ESOL examiner training
- Free Indonesian lessons
- Voluntary overtime opportunities available
- Free airport pick up upon arrival and full orientation provided
The EF trainee management programme lasts 6 months during which time you will be trained on all areas of EF’s operations as well as gaining hands on experience of school management. You will also be assigned a senior mentor to help guide you and provide assistances with management issues after the training programme finishes.
As well as regular teaching duties, placement testing new students and completing academic reports, job duties include:
Senior Teacher – Provide first academic line support to teachers and stand in for the Director of Studies during holidays. Monitor academic quality in the school and feedback areas for improvement to the Director of Studies. Assist with training and development programmes.
Assistant Director of Studies – Responsible for the overall academic performance of a small sized centre, including managing teachers, students and handling academic complaints. Complete operational reports and teacher scheduling.
Young Learner instructor – Specialist for young learner courses (4-14 years old). Assist with teacher development and training programmes as well as curriculum and materials development. Manage the academic quality of young learner courses at the EF centres and observe teachers.
Exam instructor – Provide specialist knowledge and support for University of Cambridge ESOL main suite, TOEFL® and IELTS™ exams. Manage exam preparation courses, including observations and train teachers on how to teach exam preparation courses. Help with materials development and promotion of exam preparation courses to schools and universities.
- Please indicate on your application which position(s) you are interested in.
Please note all appointments are subject to approval and issuance of KITAS by Ministry of Manpower and Ministry of Education.