Position starts: May – September 2015
Deadline for applications: Friday 26 June 2015
Location: 7 schools in Surabaya Metropolitan Area
Positions: ALL POSITIONS NOW FILLED
Contract length: One year full time contract
Student age groups: Young learners and adults
This is a unique opportunity for new teachers that do not have a TEFL, CELTA or TESOL qualification. The EF Indonesia TEFL certification programme allows teachers to train and teach at the same time, with full salary and benefits.There is no charge for the TEFL course. This is a 12 month contract with a 3 month training period. You do not need any previous teaching experience, although our train and teach programme would also suit newly qualified teachers. Our teaching programmes are delivered in fully in English so you do not need to be able to speak Indonesian. There is no cost for the course and all materials are provided. Upon successful completion of the training programme, teachers will be awarded an EF Indonesia TEFL certificate.
What you offer
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Enthusiasm for teaching young learners and young adults.
- You are a team player and you have a positive outlook. You will need to be flexible enough to adapt to living in a developing country.
- US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand passport holder due to strict Indonesian immigration department regulations.
- Please note that a criminal background check will be required before commencing employment and a health check is required by the Indonesian government.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CLEARANCE FROM THE MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.
What we can provide to our qualified candidates
- Full TEFL certification provided including additional training in young learners. Please note no charge will be made for the TEFL certificate or training.
- Competitive Rupiah based salary. (Approximately 4 times Indonesian minimum wage). This is a paid trainee position and you will be paid a full time salary throughout the training period.
- Return flights.
- All visa and permit arrangements are processed and paid for.
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
- 35 days paid holiday.
- Comprehensive health insurance (in and outpatient).
- Subsidised shared EF housing (fully furnished with air conditioning and housekeeping service).
- Fully equipped school with internet and wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and your own desk area.
- Regular training, observations and workshops.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development with our group or with EF worldwide.
- Training on new teaching technology including: interactive whiteboards, multimedia activities and presentations, interactive teaching software as well as internet based learning. There is a big focus on new technology at EF so this is a great opportunity to learn new skills and build your TEFL CV.
- University of Cambridge ESOL examiner training
- Free Indonesian lessons
- Voluntary overtime opportunities available
- Free airport pick up upon arrival and full orientation provided
- Teach up to 24 contact hours per week. You will be teaching general English to young learners and adults. No split shifts and 2 consecutive days off per week.
- Plan all lessons fully beforehand.
- Complete student reports and mark progress assessments.
- Conduct placement tests for new students.
- Attend workshops and other professional development sessions.
- Participate in student events and school promotional activities.
For more information about the Surabaya Metropolitan area, visit our living in Surabaya page.
Please note all appointments are subject to approval and issuance of KITAS by Ministry of Manpower and Ministry of Education.